Jan 25, 2011

Personal thoughts on relationships

After looking back, thinking and praying...I have realized that God gives us certain people at specific times in our lives. We have relationships and sometimes they remain in our lives and sometimes they leave our lives..sometimes we know why and sometimes we don't. We miss ones we lost and we LOVE the ones we have..sometimes we walk away and we look back and realize the petty fight we had, or we just can't remember what caused our seperation. I feel God has given me amazing relationships throughout my life, ones I will always hold dear to my heart. He gives me clarity like an open door, he let's me know which ones are here to stay and which ones I need to let go of. This is something I struggled with for such a long time, I would try and hold onto every relationship in fear of losing someone special and not being open to what God has in store for me next (not that every relationship includes letting go but some do)  I have walked away from people in fear of being hurt many times or because I "assumed" they didn't care about our relationship the way I did...Now I realize making assumptions is NOT the truth...it is our way of explaining to ourselves what "we think" is going on and in this we make our minds up on something we don't know to be true. This week I realized the people in my life are here because God put them there and the people that aren't is because God had other plans for me and them.  I won't question that, I will accept it and move on. I will smile and say  "Thanks for the time you let us share together, Bless them."  Enjoy each relationship as they enter your life and Love them until they exit your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment