Nov 12, 2010

Spent the day with gram (nana) and papaw (roy) yesterday!

For veterens day I packed up the boys and we took a day to spend with my grandparents ( my boys call them nana and roy). I have always had this amazing connection to them...it's like our hearts are tied together and just a smile let's you know the LOVE we share. The bond is so entirely strong and I have always felt that they are my heart. They are what home is, they make me feel welcome always, and I feel I can share with them anything that is on my mind. But, all these years there was something missing...something that I didn't realize until yesterday...a piece of the puzzle that wasn't found until recently....yesterday I felt the piece fit perfectly and our bond is tightly sealed in it's entirety! That missing piece was God, I have been a believer always, never surrendering completely to the Lord...but this past year I have completely fell in LOVE with GOD and now, we share GOD together and we can talk about our missing puzzle piece!! What a HUGE piece to have missing from such a heartfelt, LOVING bond! I feel his presence in my everyday, my gram...knowing him all along and praying for my salvation has been such an influence without me even realizing it until now. Yesterday, we talked about GOD and where I feel a weakness in my christianity and also looked through books together. She showed me something very special, a bible of her own as a child...(very worn and tattered...just the way I feel a bible should be because that shows it was a well used bible). She said she use to sleep with it, holding it upon her chest at night...this made me so proud...proud that her bond with GOD is so strong. I will forever remember this moment and the story of this bible and how I craved to run my fingers over the worn pages of the bible that was held in her hand each and every night. She showed me a chair in her living room, that was her grandma's and the way she told the story about how she remembered her grandmother breaking beans in it..it just reminded me of how she LOVES with her whole heart and how much I hope that I can be half the woman she is! She fills my heart with amazing joy and each time I leave their house I cry like a baby because I don't want to leave. No matter where I am, they will always be home to me!
My grandpa is so very special as well, he is so sweet and LOVES with everything he has. I asked him yesterday to take my car for a drive because of the noise it was making ( he knows alot about cars) and to see if he could tell me what he thinks is wrong. Well, he did that and also he filled up my gas tank ( he is LOVINGLY sneeky). It wasn't that he filled up my tank that warmed my heart but the fact that he even thought to do something like that. He is a protector and he is the most unselfish person I have ever met! He took the boys on the 4 wheeler up and down the hills, they had such a great time. The boys are still talking about the tickle in their bellies from the hills. I miss when I was little and he would joke with me and poke his fingers in my ribs to get me to chuckle. It's the little moments that I carry in my heart, the stories told about their past and the things that mean most to them make me appreciate them so much more.
If you have ever heard the expression "I LOVE you so much it hurts" this would be the defining expression of my feelings for them. I Thank God for them and ask him that I have many more years with them. Part of my heart was left with them last night, I need to be there with them more often and soak up every moment like a sponge. I can't wait to be with them again! What a wonderful day yesterday was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment